Sorry, blog. I haven't accomplished much of anything in the last 2+ months, since we are expecting our 4th in December, and I have mostly been in bed with "morning" sickness. Still pretty sick (I'm 11 weeks) most of the time, but there are good moments too. I need to try to catch up some anyway though, and this is next on the list:
We took our little family to Disneyland. On paper, it didn't seem like a good decision. It's not something we could really afford. (Even though we've been diligently filling a big bank with change for over 2 years with this goal in mind) It seemed like something that would have to wait. Except it couldn't. The timing was perfect (before Katy turned 3 and cost money, and before I got pregnant and sick again - also, before we had too many kids in school that would really care if they missed), and we just felt like it was something that we needed to do. Sometimes you have to ignore all the reasons that say you shouldn't, and just go make those memories anyway. And I'm pretty sure we haven't regretted a moment of it.
We were able to save a lot of money by staying with friends some, (definite bonus getting to see them, too!) buying very little food in the parks, going in the "off" season, when tickets are a little cheaper, and buying THOSE through a friend's work, too, at an additional discount. We bought "souvenirs" ahead of time, at Wal-mart, Target, and the Disney Store Outlet. We spent -very- little in the Park. I worried a little about the things we wouldn't be able to do because we were being so thrifty, but our kids had no idea they were on a budget trip. They have been looking forward to Disneyland since they knew what it was, and all that indoctrinating we somewhat-accidentally did paid off. They (and we) had an absolute blast. I think it's the happiest I've ever seen Jaina - those three days in the Parks. She was the sweetest, most helpful thing, and she did almost no pouting or whining. (The other two acted more typically, but it helped so much to have even one being a happy little peacemaker) Reilly thought everything was "awesome!" and Katy was quite the little thrill-seeker (I think her favorite ride was the only little "roller coaster" she was tall enough to get on), as well as a champion stroller-napper. (Which we didn't expect.)They were willing to try any ride they were tall enough to get on (even the Tower of Terror, which neither wanted to repeat, and Space Mountain, which Jaina liked and Reilly didn't.) They loved the characters (except Reilly refused to take any pictures with princesses). They loved the parades, World of Color, and pretty much everything we did or saw. The weather was pretty good, the crowds were decent, and we had no real mishaps. (A lot of this was due to a lot of planning!) The first day, especially, was pretty much the Perfect Day. What memories we made. Ones to carry us through the next couple years of slightly rougher times (a pregnancy and a new baby, trying to get a new business going, etc.) A "Happy Place" I plan to return to (in pictures, videos, and thoughts) for many years to come.
31 August 2026
2 weeks ago





1 comment:
Congratulations on baby #4! Hope you get feeling better as much as possible and that everything goes well.
Your Disneyland trip sounds like it was awesome.
Post a Comment