Monday, July 16, 2012

Juggling July

With just over one week to go before we pack everything into a truck and head to D.C. for a few days, we've been trying to fit everything in. We didn't do much for the 4th (fireworks didn't start until way after our kids were going to be in bed, plus there would be a traffic fiasco anywhere near them) but the kids were still excited about it, and we dressed the part and made some festive desserts.














I really want to make one last beach trip before we leave, but we weren't quite up for it Wednesday when Jeremy got off early, so we decided to go check out Colonial Williamsburg instead, since it was cooler than some days have been lately. (Think a heat index of 115º on the "warmer" days) I'm glad we didn't buy any expensive tickets, because though we enjoyed looking around a lot, the kids were fairly unimpressed with the  warmth and walking around. I don't think they would have liked it more if we had toured inside some of the buildings. They were fairly content with the little shops, though we didn't actually buy anything. It was interesting, and something I might have regretted never checking out while we were here.



Love that smile. 








Our little entourage. They did like the horses. :)


And packing has been a crazy. I think Jeremy already has 2/3 of our house packed, everything is disarray, and it's all happening a little quickly for me at this point. By this time next week there probably won't be much left in our house!

Our "new" dining room. I won't let him pack these pictures yet.

I know for a fact that this particular box has moved from AZ to IA to another
residence in IA to a storage unit in NV to UT to a storage unit in AZ
to Virginia, and is now accompanying us back to AZ.


Packing up clothes in the girls' room.










I have a hard time finding chapstick, pens, hair stuff and
lotion. Looks like I just need to clean out my purses
more often.










4 comments:

Britany said...

haha. Good ole Jeremy. You'll be living out of boxes for a week. Good luck!

Adrian said...

Good luck with your move!!

Karen said...

Ugh... I hate moving. No fun. I hope everything goes smoothly for you though.

Reeds said...

Oh yes, the purse of a Mother...and Mary Poppins wasn't even a mother! :) I hope the packing is still going well. I Love that the one box has memories of traveling :) Glad you are trying to get your East Coast fill in before your voyage back.