way, WAY out. We've been talking about it a little bit, and anyone that's friends with Jeremy on Facebook might have seen it, but again, our plans have changed. We've known for a while that we were NOT ready to start a business (especially in this economy) like we hoped, but I haven't felt like writing anything about it until we knew for sure what was going on this time. Anyone else bored of hearing our "plans" and then having them change 2 months later? (over and over again?) I guess that's just the process we needed for us (okay, me) to be ready to accept this kind of opportunity. But the contract is signed, so it really is going to happen: We are moving to Chesapeake, VA at the end of June. Most definitely NOT "no more than 12 hours from home" stipulation I tried putting on our life 7-8 months ago. But the position Jeremy has accepted with Dr. Packer in Chesapeake (just inland of Virginia Beach, in southern Virginia) is a great opportunity for him to learn from a Board-certified NUCCA doctor who is also successful in business. He will gain some great tools during the next 2-4 years. And there are SO many things for us to see while we're there. It's going to be quite the adventure. Sometimes I cry because it's SOOOO far from home, and we're going to miss some things (like my little brother coming home at the end of July and a eagerly anticipated family vacation to the beach
Except
A very Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there. I have probably learned things from all of you, whether you know it or not! We have a wonderful set of mothers here in Arizona that have put up with a LOT from us over the last 7 months, but we couldn't have done it without them!
31 August 2026
3 weeks ago
9 comments:
That's a very nice area. Not far at all from my hometown. You'll be so close to the beach and to the mountains - what a great adventure for your family!
(((hugs))) Love ya tons! I'm glad you know what's next. It'll be a crazy, wonderful, farther-from-home-than-you-wanted, awesome adventure. I'm just slightly perturbed that you're moving there AFTER our family left. That's less than two hours from our use-to-be home. Ah, well. Life goes on - Lol! Happy Mother's Day - you're amazingly awesome and I love you. <3
Wow, what an adventure your family is going to be having! I'm actually kinda jealous, I love living here, but it's all I've ever known. How exciting to see the world and meet new faces, just as long as you do eventually make it back here! Good luck!
Ummm one question.... When can I come visit?!? I LOVE Virginia!!!!! You will too! How far away will u be from dc area? Congrats! It's nice to have more definite plans. We too have had changes in our plans... Dan started working for metlife so we'll be staying here.
I used to live in Virginia Beach when I was little--great area! We wish you guys well in your new adventure!!
I am excited that you are going to VA! It is close to NC where I grew up! You will have to enjoy the Atlantic Ocean for me! I love the beach! It is warm! I wish you the best with everything! You are a super family!
You are gonna love it! Congrats ! What a great opportunity!
I was telling Clint the other day that all we need is to move away ONCE and then it will get easier and easier to move new places and see new things. Yeeeah, never going to happen but that's ok. I love it here... just wish it were greener! :O) Congrats on your new adventure! How fun for you guys!!
We are so, so excited for you! Brett and I are actually a little bit jealous, (in a good way) :) Virginia is beautiful and family is just a plane ride away. It will be a great adventure! Can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment