Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sleep walking, pictures, and 6 year anniversary

(warning: there are a LOT of pictures in this post. I'm too lazy to make separate posts about the different events of the last 2 weeks...)


The whole newborn-to-8-months phase is still not that far behind me, and it puts nice perspective on "tired." Things aren't that bad at all right now, but I could use more sleep... Katy woke up crying hard at 4:30 this morning (she just had a little tummy ache I think) but even though she fell asleep in my arms twice, she wouldn't let me lay her down. So now it's 6:20 and we're still up. I am so thankful we are living with my mom right now, which means there is a huge chance I can go back to bed when she goes down for a "nap" in a bit here. The 4:30 thing wouldn't be a big deal if I had gotten to sleep before midnight, or if Jeremy and I hadn't been dealing with stomach flu Saturday and Sunday, but as it stands, I'm a little tired...
But let me back up. :) Things have been mostly good around here. Jeremy has been trying to stay busy working on a project for his mom and looking for housing in Virginia. We've been dealing with a silly law that says you aren't allowed to rent a 2-bedroom house/apartment to a 5-person family (even if the smallest 3 weigh less than 100 lbs combined) which has left few options we can afford in neighborhoods we're not nervous about. I know that will work out though, and that something will come up. We still have 6 weeks, and there ARE options, it's just a waiting and hoping game. I've really been missing our wonderful little home in Davenport. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors, the back yard was really nice, our landlady was nice, and we had so much space! We were paying $600 there for our 3-bedroom duplex (with basement) and I'm guessing a place like that in Chesapeake/VA Beach would be more like $1400-1500. So the first year there could be a little interesting, but it will still be good.

(later - after a nap, and Katy's STILL sleeping at 11 am after going back to sleep at 7)
Last week we (through my dad, who works there) got invited to the EAC All-campus picnic. It's always interesting to go back there, since we both went to college there the first few years, met there, and I later even worked there while Jeremy finished up his prerequisites for chiropractic school. It was pretty warm, but the kids had a good time with some of the little games they had set up, and it was fun to see some people we knew.
Here is Katy -not- liking the grass, and Reilly and Jaina doing the fishing game and being goofy.





I just remembered that we haven't uploaded the pictures from Jeremy's camera in a while. So here are a bunch of goofy pictures of Katy, pictures of Jaina getting to hold her newest 2nd cousin, (and then her sister), our matching $1 pj's, and some of our silly munchkins at the Gila Valley Temple.











This last weekend was our 6th anniversary! It was a Friday the 13th, which was fun, because we got married on Friday the 13th. We actually got away for a night without any kids. That hasn't happened since before I was pregnant with Katy, so we were pretty excited. We almost didn't go, considering this is the scene that we left that morning:
Yep, Jaina woke up sick and throwing up, and Reilly didn't feel well either. This happened the last time we were going to go somewhere and leave them (when we went to graduation and took Katy). So frustrating, and I feel bad leaving them!! I probably wouldn't with anyone but my mom, and I feltbad doing it to her, but we really needed to go somewhere. Thankfully (since we DID leave) by noon Reilly was fine, and Jaina felt pretty well by that evening.
Of course we couldn't afford to spend almost ANY money this year, but that was okay, because we got to go down and stay at Phil & Sophie's and hang out with them (which we've been wanting to do). We went to lunch at Famous Dave's, then walked around IKEA with them for 2 hours. Poor Kinzi suddenly got very sick at the end of that trip though. We were hoping it was just too much of Famous Dave's cornbread muffins, because she was happy and fine after a 3-hour nap. We bought a bunch of junk food and watched two different movies with them that evening/night, and hung out for awhile the next morning before we went off to "sightsee." We saw the new Gilbert temple starting to go up, and checked out the new outdoor San Tan (?) mall. We also split some Panda Express and saw "The Adjustment Bureau" at the cheap theater. It was a quick trip, but we had a good time. Not completely sure if it was worth the awful stomach flu I woke up with early the next morning, or that hit Jeremy even harder the next night, but I'm still glad we went. We're mostly recovered by today, and getting back into apartment-hunting and organizing our stuff.




5 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

Happy anniversary! We've left sick kids with my mom on our anniversary too, but we had tickets that we couldn't back out of and she insisted. I felt awful doing that though. Thankgoodness for mothers.

Wow, that is such a weird law to have to deal with. What a pain. Good luck.

Katy is such a cute girl - just like her siblings. What sweet pictures!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! and wow, i can't believe how cheap housing in davenport is!!! wholy cow! our 2 bed basement apt is a little over $1000 a month... good luck house hunting, virginia is so expensive! but i'm sure you'll end up where you belong. i'm so excited for you guys!

Adrian said...

We ran into the same sort of law when we almost moved to New Jersey. No children of different genders in the same bedroom, never mind that one is three and one is one. Good luck with the move to Virginia. and happy anniversary, six years, that's awesome!

Nicole said...

congrats on your 6-yr anniversary! You have such a beautiful family to be proud of--your kids are so darling! Good luck on the apartment hunting--gotta love the low cost of living in Iowa. :-)

Unknown said...

I love that you read and commented on my blog, because now I know about your blog and can start following you and reading all about your adorable family!!