Monday, November 3, 2008

October Week 4: Sara's CA Trip

So I went off and left poor sick (recovering) Jeremy with the two kids and flew to California (Anaheim area) to visit two of my best friends: Karen and Naomi. We were roommates at BYU for our last 1 - 1.5 years (Naomi was married the last semester), and we have managed to make time to get together every year since then. It was so great to see them , relax a lot together, and not be a mommy for 4 whole days and 5 nights! The flight out (to LA) was pretty good, even though I left Chicago at like 8 pm our time...
Here we are at Naomi's grandpa's beach house. So nice to get away! (this picture was taken Sunday after we went to sacrament at a random ward. It was nice to be able to listen and just SIT with no kiddos...

The first thing we did when we picked Karen up Saturday morning was go get hair cuts. If at all possible, we don't let anyone other than Naomi cut our hair...
Look at the amazing amount of Chinese food we ordered! (in order to have leftovers to get us through Sunday, as well - it worked, we didn't have to cook lunch OR dinner Sunday...)
Walking on the beautiful beach just a house or two away behind the beach house. I love the ocean!


We had lots of fun, even though Karen had to do a lot of homework and lesson plans for the graduate program she's currently in. Naomi helped a lot (they're both L&D nurses) and I... read several books. :) It was nice.
It was so nice to see them, and hard to leave, even though I was excited to see my family again! (And Jeremy was very excited for me to come home!)



Jeremy and the kids did great - he didn't feel terribly well most of the time (had a bad cough), but a few people brought them food, and they mostly hung out in the house until I got back. Reilly and Jaina kept him plenty busy!
















7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

How fun! I ned to do that with my girlfriends!

Debra said...

HOW FUN!!!! It is always good for our dh's to get time "alone" with the kids so they can have more empathy ;-)

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with Karen and Naomi! Good for you! And I hope Jeremy's feeling better! (he probably is since you're home...) =)

Reeds said...

How Fun! Glad you got to go to Cali with the girls. Girl time is so fun.

Sopha said...

im glad that you got to have some time away and have a good time. Rileys face is priceless in that pic haha!

Belle said...

very cool :)

-and your haircut is cute!

sounds like a great trip all around: good time and a sweet family waiting to love on you when you got back!

Karen said...

Such a fun trip! Thanks for taking the time to come out and play with us! And tell Jeremy thank you for watching the kiddies so we could do it!