Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ho hum (October week 4)

Just kidding actually. Life has STILL been crazy, but not in wonderful ways. Jeremy studied like crazy most of last week, and took his first final on Friday. Then Friday evening I got sick with a really yucky cold. By Saturday evening Jeremy was either coming down with that or something else. Whatever it was knocked him out for the day, and we were so grateful he felt well enough to go and take his second final on Monday. At this point he only has two finals left, but he also has no voice! We're both feeling better, though Jeremy's still feeling pretty icky some parts of each day, and, as I said, he can barely whisper. Jaina is teething (again... she already has 6 teeth!) and a little crabby, and Reilly seems to be doing just fine. We are making it, though, and very excited to get these finals over and have our break!
And I am very excited because Friday evening two of my best friends, Karen and Naomi, are flying me out to California to play with them. It will just be a few days (I'll come back Tuesday, but Karen has to back in Seattle before then) but it will be so nice to see them and just have some girl time. I'm trying to imagine what it will feel like to not be "Mommy" for a few days. I'm sure I'll miss the cute little munchkins, and Jeremy too, but it will be a much-needed break, and I can't wait! It was actually Jeremy's idea, several months ago, and really appreciate him being willing to watch the kids by himself during his break for 4 1/2 days! :) Here is a picture from the last time I visited them in California, in November of 05. The two time after that they have visited me, because I was was pregnant both times! (and not much fun...)
Jeremy and I are hoping to have a day/night on our own in Chicago during the last half of the break, if everything works out. We haven't been without kids overnight since Reilly was 8 months old! Wish us luck...

I guess I should do a little update on our cute Jaina, since she's growing up so fast.
She's finally army crawling and cruising along the furniture, both as of this week. She's not too talented at either yet, but she's sure proud of herself!
She's getting so big, but I still can't believe she'll be a year by Christmas time... It's just crazy!
This last picture is for you, Sophie. :)

Random aside: The new Twilight trailer is really cool and got me more excited about the movie than the other ones have... if you haven't seen it, check it out here: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/ecard_widget/. I'm sure there are better places, but I don't know where they are. :)

One last thing. If you're bored (or being a slacker, like me,) you should check out http://www.taaz.com/, where you can play with all sorts of fun hair styles on your own picture. Here are few of the fun ones I created... though I'm not planning to do anything different to my hair right now but hopefully get it cut again... Now I want to see your pictures!

10 comments:

Judy Lamont Stock said...

Hey, I love the top right and bottom left haircut! I'm so jealous. I wish I could take a trip alone! Hope you have a SUPER time w/ your friends. Hope you and Jeremy get a day in Chicago. It's cold here though. GOOD LUCK!

*Katie May* said...

Have fun in Cali!! That will be a nice break :) The blond hair makes you look like your sista :)

The Payne family said...

Oh how fun that you get to go on a trip! I want to go on a trip! And that site with the hair is great! I actually really like the top right corner as well.

Unknown said...

i like the top second picture of your hair. i think that one looks good. man i am jealous of a kid free trip to california! im going to have to have one of those. i think soon im going to have a kid free night, me and dan have never been away from andrew over night..but it sounds great!

Mele said...

Have a great time in Cali! How fun to have some personal time. What a novel idea! The only time I've been without Jackson is when I was in the hospital to have Kimble! ha ha

Mindy said...

Have fun with Karen and Naomi! Tell them hi for me! =)

Gina said...

I'm in agreement with the top-right hair do; I think you could totally pull it off! (The others just really aren't "you"--even if you were to do it in your natural hair colour). I am off to style myself!

Sara said...

Hmm... my comment form is acting a little strange, and ate a few comments?

Debra said...

Hope you guys get well soon. I bet all of you are glad finals are over. Enjoy your break! I KNOW how much you need it.

Hope you guys get to have and enjoy your day/night alone. LMK if you ned someone to watch your kids. I do not mind at all. Reilly would have a blast with the twins! And the girls would be gaga over Jaina!

Sopha said...

yay!!! i love love the dinosaur outfit! she is adorable, aunt sophie loves it! and i really liked your hair pics haha. you look like kelly clarkson in them =) cute haha!