Thursday, September 4, 2014

August stuff

I am going to catch up in here. Even if I have to gloss over some stuff. It has been harder this year, I think, partially because of my phone. I take so many more pictures. (lower quality, but more moments). I really need to develop the talent of picking and choosing and letting the rest go, so I at least get things done!

The first week of school went well. Reilly is in 2nd grade and Jaina is in first. They both have brand new teachers this year, and we didn't know what to expect. Thankfully, they really like their teachers, and are both doing well! It is still a little weird having them both gone for so long during the day! Katy really can't wait to join them next year. I think I'm ready, too, but I'm glad it should just be half-day. We started doing pre-school at home with her (since the only options here are the too-expensive-for-us home preschools or the 4-days-a-week, 4-hours-a-day public one, and I'm not up for that yet). She kind of lost interest after the first two weeks though. We'll get back into it after Christmas...



I don't have a lot of recollection of the rest of the month. Mostly adjusting to the schedule, trying to keep all our ducks in a row, and enjoying Shawn's cuteness. Lame, but there it is! From the pictures, it looks like Abbie visited us for a day or two. Yay! 


Also, Shawn turned 8 months. At 8 months he weighed 21 lbs 14 oz (85th percentile...) and was 27.7 inches long (53rd percentile). His head was also in the 95th percentile. So crazy!  He still loved his jumper, and was enjoying trying new foods. He also started getting up on his hands and knees, and scooting backwards. More than once I had a tiny panic as I wondered where he was, only to find him under a table, or back in a corner somewhere. :)








This is also the point that Shawn was sleeping well enough and consistently enough that we took the bunk beds down in the little bedroom (Jaina wasn't sure about sleeping up there) and made it the girl's room, and moved Reilly into Shawn's room. Finally, a parents' room, a boys' room, and a girls' room! 



We also celebrated Jeremy's 31st birthday. That is always good, especially since I had been 32 for a few weeks already... One of the things we did that was the most fun was eat at Benihana's for lunch with my parents. The older two were in school, so Katy got to kind of be spoiled and join us. It was so much fun, and the food was delicious! I also got him some fancy gluten- and soy-free cupcakes at a local bakery that he enjoyed a lot. :)





And two more pictures of Shawn and with his diapers. :)




No comments: