Even though our camping FFN wasn't the greatest success, I decided to go ahead with my plan, figuring if a Going-to-Disneyland night wasn't a hit, we'd scrap the whole concept. Preparation was pretty easy. Just gathering of supplies and organizing mostly.
We kept our "destination" a secret until we were ready to start, and then I had everyone put on the shirts we made for our trip last March, and found the mouse ears. Obligatory picture time ensued.
We had area music playing and decided that the first ride we wanted to go on was Splash Mountain. I led the kids outside on a warm trek over to. "Critter Country" while Jeremy cued the ride-thru up on the projector via YouTube and our ChromeCast. Then we pretended to all be in the log together and actually ride the whole thing, complete with a spray bottle for the splashdowns. (Jeremy and Shawn sat out some of the rides...)
We also "rode" Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, the Matterhorn, big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Screamin', Radiator Springs Racers, Goofy's Sky School, and one or two others. We interspersed the rides with their favorite meal from the park, Power Packs, and Mickey-head Rice Krispie treats.
Ironically, since we never have visitors, we had two sets of visitors. Mostly we just continued on with our trip. Kinzi, Baiden, and Uncle Phil joined us for the last couple of rides and really awesome seats for "Fantasmic!"
The full-wall HD projector made a big difference in how immersed we felt on the rides.
The kids had an awesome time, and were upset when bedtime hit. They could have "played Disneyland" for several more hours I think. I think their favorite part was that we were actually pretending with them. I don't think Jaina knew that I was capable... ;-)
The kids had an awesome time, and were upset when bedtime hit. They could have "played Disneyland" for several more hours I think. I think their favorite part was that we were actually pretending with them. I don't think Jaina knew that I was capable... ;-)











1 comment:
You guys are awesome sounds like lots of fun!
Post a Comment