Friday, September 14, 2012

Blog Neglect

Not that anyone's probably noticed, because I don't think people read blogs as much as they used to. (It was "the thing" for a while, right?) It's just so easy to put stuff on Facebook, especially when I want Jeremy to get to see pictures of the kids somewhat soon. So that's what I've been doing. And there are a LOT of recent pics on Facebook. But that's no excuse to never blog, because it makes up about 90% of my personal journal entries for the year too, so...
We've stayed fairly busy the last 3 weeks. The kids have gone swimming at Grammy's pool several times,  (and even spent a night or two!) we've been busy with Reilly and Jaina being in school,  (though I'm loving the 4-day school-week, and will really miss it when we relocate!) we've been going to story time at the library, and spent Labor Day at the cabin. All very fun. The girls play all morning while Reilly is at school. We got the dress up clothes box out (which wasn't intended to travel all the way to Pima, but they're glad) and they've been playing with that a lot. I also just bought some fresh Play-dough, so we've been scrubbing that off little fingernails more than once a day. I've been working out a lot, trying to get my pre-baby body back (it's been lost for about 6 years now). It wasn't that impressive to begin with, but it would do my self confidence (not to mention my health) a lot of good to find it before trying for number 4.  The weather seems to be easing up some days, and there's a hint of fall in the air here and there.


The raspberries we picked at the mountain

Princess talk


With Jaina at her pre-school on Parent Day.


I've also been scanning a bunch of my Grandma (Cluff) Cohn's old pictures, which has been time consuming, but a lot of fun. Here are some good ones:
My Grandpa

Wasn't he handsome?


My Grandma - she reminds me of my mom in this pic


My mom as a teen with her oldest niece

A bunch of cousins when I was 5 or 6.


 Last weekend was great because Jeremy got to come home and visit for a few days. He flew in Wednesday night and did some business-starting-thingies until we joined him Thursday evening (we left when the kids got out of school). It was SO good to see him! A week is not a huge deal. A month (4.5 weeks, actually) is just way, way too long. We got to meet up with some friends from Iowa that evening (the ones we shared a duplex with for 2 years) which was really nice. We have missed them and hope we'll live close enough to see each other from time to time. It was also fun to stay the night at Phil & Sophie's. Our kids hadn't seen their's since March, and it was fun to watch Katy and Kinzi together especially. Friday after lunch we came down to Pima/Thatcher and spent some time here together as a family and with some extended family. The kids were so happy to have their Daddy here! The built a Harry Potter lego set together and played and enjoyed each other a lot. It was really hard to have to take him back to the airport Sunday, but at least I know he'll be back by the end of September. And then life will get really interesting...
Katy and Kinzi (born the same night!)

For the most part they got along better than I expected. :)

Jaina and Reilly are still enjoying that Lego set!


We finally remembered to document that Daddy WAS here just before I
had to take him back to the airport.

Can't wait for our little family to be together (permanently) again!

1 comment:

Mele said...

It was so good to see you while we were in AZ! I'm so glad the timing worked out perfectly. It's looking like we will live semi-close come the first of next year. Nothing set in stone yet, just feeling good about AZ :)
P.S. I'm like you, I use my blog as a journal, but I'm about 1 1/2 months behind. Need to play catch up. :)