It's been downright HOT around here most days lately. I know, it is mid-June, so that's expected, but I don't know if I'm ever ready for the summer heat to set in. (Except that it makes going to the beach a little nicer) It's been between 80º and the low 90's with quite a bit of humidity. Memorial Day was no exception: fairly toasty. Our ward was getting together for a picnic, which was nice, because otherwise we probably wouldn't have had anything very exciting planned! I packed (and even applied) the sunscreen, but there was enough shade at the park that it wasn't too necessary. I was a little worried that I should have packed bug spray instead, but the few mosquitoes I saw when we got there never told their friends about our party, thankfully. :) Good food, good conversation, and lots of playing for the kids. (Which means they were all pink and sweaty within 10 minutes, thanks to my genes)
 |
| A little shot of attitude as we were leaving for the picnic. |
 |
| Jaina getting her first experience trying to catch a football. :) |
 |
Reilly and his "friend-of-the-minute." Don't know his name - I think they're
in our ward for the summer selling insulation or something. That kid! |
 |
We were seriously almost the last people left. (Us and the Elders)
Our kids didn't want to stop playing! |
____________________________
We also made another visit to the Children's Museum in Portsmouth (which my kids are always begging for). We got there about 20 minutes before the first school class, so that was nice, to have it quiet and calm for a bit. (They spent most of that in the "grocery store," which is more fun with fewer shoppers...) We also checked out some areas we haven't much before, like the Thomas the Train room, the "library," the moving exhibit, which was some awesome little blocks that you could create anything with, and the Circus of something-or-other, (lots of physics and chemistry play) which the kids love, but it a little loud, and it's "last" with the way we usually go through, so everyone's usually getting a little tired and ready-to-go (okay, that's me) by then. :)
 |
| Jaina with her "present." |
 |
| Some cool displayed creations in the back, with my tower in the foreground. :) |
 |
| They all love playing with the trains! |
 |
| Playing with air flow |
___________________________________
Our kids have been asking and asking and asking for us to set up Jaina's little Rose Petal Cottage playhouse which she got for her 2nd birthday, and which has been in its box since we left Iowa. Whoops. It takes some time to put together, and takes up a good chunk of space, so we've been saying no for a year and a half now. We finally gave in, and they've been loving it. Here's a pic of the sisters playing in half of it right before bed the other night.
No comments:
Post a Comment