Thursday, March 8, 2012

Date of the Decade

(one other new post right below this one...)

When we were engaged (in early 2005), Jeremy was in EAC's A Capella choir and they were doing a song set from the brand new (well, a little over a year old) musical, "Wicked." We hadn't ever heard of it, but Jeremy enjoyed the songs so much that I ordered the CD, and we listened to it over and over (and over.) We've wanted to see it ever since, but it hasn't ever worked out money-wise or children-wise. But then since Jeremy's office hit a certain goal this year, they were looking for rewards of some sort for everyone in the office, and we ended up for tickets to see the traveling Broadway production of Wicked on it's opening night in Norfolk (about 20 minutes away), plus money for a babysitter (no small cost for like 5 hours) and dinner. SO EXCITING.
We parked at the McArthur Mall (about a 7 minute walk) and grabbed some yummy dinner at Chili's, and also took some pictures with the neat Wicked set-up they had at the mall.  We had pretty great seats, and thoroughly enjoyed the show, even though we didn't get out until almost 11, which is WAY past our bedtime. And poor Jeremy was sick/getting sicker. I think he still managed to have a good time though, and it was so exciting to finally see something we've wanted to for so long!!

Advertisement in the elevator at the mall. It seems like every other store
was decked out in Wicked colors or offering specials.

Jeremy posing with one of the actual costumes from the show.

Such a neat dress!

The display

They had all sorts of fun things to dress up with for this background.

On our way into Chrysler Hall

Our great seats

Yay for dates, especially to AWESOME shows!

5 comments:

cluffgirl said...

oh I'm so jealous! I have always wanted to see that show! Talking about a capella made me remember when Brian was in it (I think they were in it together at the same time), those were such fun simple times ;) BTW, you look great Sara! And I love your coat!

Mele said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you got to go. What a wonderful gift! Seeing Wicked is on my bucket list, but reading this post about you getting to go makes me almost as happy as if it were me. :)

Emily Gardner said...

Yay!!!!!! Your seats looked AMAZING! And I love your coat! That's a bummer that Jeremy was sick though ):

Adrian said...

Totally awesome that you finally got to go see it. 'Date of the Decade' is certainly an appropriate title. We're still waiting... it came to Detroit but tickets were too expensive for us. You are so lucky!!

Belle said...

Looks like a fabulous time! How exciting?! :D I am so glad you got to go!!!