So a few weeks ago I made a mistake and DIDN'T check the drop down menu when I way making a payment on our credit card (we put almost everything on our card and pay it off as we go, to help keep track and to build credit and cashback rewards). I forgot that I had made a payment from our Az account (We have a new bank here in VA) before just to use some of the money out of it, and since that was the last payment, it was automatically selected. Needless to say, there wasn't enough money to complete the payment, which I was unaware of until we got a notice in the mail about it. (Thankfully, since we do pay it often, it wasn't a problem of being late on a payment or anything) I noticed right away that our Az account had hit us with a non-sufficient funds charge, and then today when our CC bill posted THEY had also charged us a fee. With Christmas coming up and funds a little snug this year, I was just sick about how expensive my little mistake had become. Talking to my dear sister (I was not looking forward to discussing it with Jeremy yet) she told me how she was able to get charges removed once when she accidentally messed up too. So after about an hour of building up my courage I called the bank. It took a few minutes, but they didn't give me any problems, and removed their fee. YAY! About an hour later I finally got up my nerve to try Chase (our cc) as well. I know some people haven't had good experience with them, but I've never had anything but helpful CSM with them, and the wait time is almost non-existant. My new friend Nichole cheerfully agreed to remove the charges. I'm sure much of this has to do with us having fairly good records with both places, but it was still such a relief to me! Happier day now, for sure!
I will update soon with some pictures and what we've been up to the last week or two. :)
Stake Trek Pics
1 day ago
3 comments:
phew! I love that relief when customer service people are reasonable instead of enforcing the rules. I called our credit card once to protest a $25 late fee based on the fact that we'd sent them a check for a penny less than the total bill: misreading on my part. They gave me no hassle at all and waived the fee. I'm glad yours did too!!
Yay!!! I'm sorry you had to stress so much about it, but super glad they reversed the fees. (:
Working for a credit company now myself I found out that it's pretty much a rule amongst banking facilities that if you ask to waive a fee that they'll do one once a year. But the key is you have to actually ask for it and not beat around the bush about it. I thought that was an interesting tid bit. So ask away!
Post a Comment