Thursday, August 11, 2011

Our home

I already showed these to most of our family, but a few friends were wanting to see some, so I decided to put some of them here. We are mostly settled into our little space, and at this point that's enough for me. I'm not much of a decorator, and in this small of a space, we have stuff everywhere, which makes me not want to put as much on the walls anyway. I want to sew some better curtains (since we're using sheets right now)but I'll need to find room to set my sewing machine up (and get motivated) for that to happen... Maybe I'll even make some covers for all our poor mismatched pillows (that USED to go with furniture we had before... in two different rooms). We'll see.


Our tiny kitchen (standing against the washer to take this pic)


Standing in the kitchen to snap the laundry closet



The living room (and Katy, who woke up an hour after bedtime...)



The bathroom we all share

Looking into the kids' room (Katy's still sleeping in our
walk-in closet actually, not her crib)



The storage/computer/play room. Katy's little fun center.

The scary end of that room. (the door goes out into the
living/dining room)

4 comments:

cluffgirl said...

Sadly,your house is looking in a LOT better shape than ours and we have only been here,oh.... 8 months! Your place reminds me of ours, small kitchen and little storage space. I'm still struggling to figure out where to put stuff. Your place looks really nice and I hope your able to feel more at home there soon!

Mele said...

It is hard moving to a smaller place. I have things stacked in our home too and I still have boxes I haven't unpacked. I think your place looks great though!

sharla wood said...

Awe adorable. I hope things are going well with your little family. I shop at IKEA a lot-- perfect for tiny spaces. I'm the only one who loves our temporary down grade from our almost 4,000 sq.ft house to just about 1,000--(yep that tiny). Then again I was also the one paying our 2K monthly mortgage, $600 utility bill and cleaning for at least 3 hours each day in our other house so it’s nice to not have a mortgage and waste away the day cleaning for a change. Bigger isn’t always Better—it’s a pain. Good luck with those curtains—I tricked my husband for almost a year using queen sized sheet as curtains, he had no idea I just slip the rod through the seam and scrunched them up and ta dah curtains.

Jamie Frandsen said...

I just got done looking over all your recent posts, and they are so much fun to see :-) Happy late birthday by the way! The pics of the apartment are great. Ah . . . don't you miss the good old days in our Iowa town house. It had storage galore! I sympathize with trying to cram stuff into every nook and cranny you can find. And of course I would say - keep the toys :-) But that is just me being my sentimental self. I LOVE the pics at the beach. They are super cute! Your kidos are great, and you seem like you are having a good adventure. Hope the kids aren't sick anymore.