This week hasn't been that different from any other lately. Katy has been doing awesome at sleeping. She goes down between 9:30 and 10:30 and sleeps (mostly) in 3.5 to even a couple 6(!) hour stretches. During the day she will often take a long (2 hours) morning nap and her other naps are usually about 45 minutes to an hour. She is only up for an hour at a time before she gets tired, for the most part. It's a slightly crazy sequence, but at least we have a sequence worked out and I have an idea of what to expect, even if I don't know what "time" anything is going to happen at. She's a good baby. Very relaxed for the most part, unlike her sister was and VERY unlike her brother was. She'll be two months old in a few days!
Reilly and Jaina have made some amazing messes this week. Once the cupboard was left unlocked downstairs, and the dumped all the legos, blocks, play dishes, potato head parts and velcro fruit and vegetable pieces into a magnificent pile on the floor. It took at least an hour to sort everything out and put it away, at which point I prompty packed most of those toys into a box and sealed it shut for the move. Sigh. Tonight it was lotion all over themselves, the computer chair, and the mirror in our bedroom. That was mostly Jaina, though Reilly let her put it on him, and didn't feel like telling us it was happening. What am I going to do with them?
This weekend was Homecoming at Palmer. Jeremy went to a lot of events, and I got to attend the ICAA Homecoming Tea Party again, which was great. I really enjoyed the speaker, and the food and decorations were excellent! My children were a little crazy, and I narrowly stopped BOTH of them from drinking cups of iced tea they had just served themselves, but otherwise it was good. I (and Katy) got to go to the Homecoming banquet/party with Jeremy Saturday night, and that was a lot of fun. They music was really good, the food was excellent, and the company enjoyable. I wish we could have stayed a little later than we did, but the heat had wiped me (and, I think Katy too) out. It wasn't even that bad that evening, it's just been SO hot and humid around here lately. We're ready for fall to come early, but there's no sign of it yet, other than too many school zones starting to be active. ;-)
That's all for now. Mostly just wanted a post and a few pictures so when my dear little brother, serving hard in Africa, comes to look at our blog, there is an update!






3 comments:
My dear sister, whom loves me so much and see's to it that I get to see my nieces and nephew thanks so much, haha Jambo is the white person word next time you could say "Habari Ahsibui"(good morning)
What cuties! At least they all love each other - even if they do make messes (but hey! What kids don't?) So when is the big move? It'll be fun to have you around - although I probably won't be out much with a newborn myself. Ahh, can't wait! Be prepared when you come - it's HOT here too. Blah! I can't believe Katy is almost 2 months. It goes so fast when they're little.
Yay for more sleep! She is a beautiful baby :)
Post a Comment