Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All in a Satur-Day's Work

I can't believe these pictures were taken 2 1/2 weeks ago. It seems like I blog all the time, yet I'm always several weeks behind. :)
Saturday the 19th we had a little going-away-graduation get-together for our dear friend, Julie. They are all moved to Colorado now, and I can't believe they're gone! We will definitely miss Julie, and her whole family here in Davenport! :( Robyn's so great about making sure these graduations happen. I can't believe this was the 7th or 8th one in a row I've attended. It seems so strange that we're starting 8th tri, and some of the "oldest" people here at Palmer...






When I got home from the "Palmer Wives Graduation" I was happy to see my (recovering-from-being-sick) wonderful husband outside with our kids in the snow, and a huge snowman in our back yard. These kiddos have been begging to build a snowman for weeks, but most of the snow we've been getting has been pretty dry, and it's been so cold outside we haven't gone out much. This snow was perfect, and Jeremy, along with our neighbor, Chad's, help built this amazingly large snowman for our cute toddlers. (Sadly, his head was too big, and had fallen off by the next morning...)
They did some sledding after I got there, but Jaina was done with the cold and wet, and we were all happy to go inside. It's so strange to even see our backyard like this - as of yesterday, there are only a few piles of snow left. (several of them are the remains of said snowman...) I don't want to say anything, for fear of jinxing it, but I think spring really is right around the corner! (finally)


















4 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

what a snowman!! It's definetly spring here. Leaves are budding on the trees and everything. We missed the whole snow time! What a fun wives party. How nice to get together like that.

Mele said...

Love the pics of the guys snow-surfing :) We should get together while the husbands are in board review. Bows are a great idea.

We are the Turner's! said...

Thanks Sara for posting about my Palmer Wife Graduation! I DEFINATELY MISS EVERYONE! It is hard to be so far away from such wonderful people and from the life that I've lived for the last 3/1/2 years! I hope 8th tri is going well, and I wish Jeremy the best on boards! I love the snowman! It is AWESOME! I love how tall it is! I hope you all are doing well!

Nicole said...

i love the look of your blog--it looks so happy and spring-ish. i was so sad to miss Julie's graduation--i was still at the hospital with ky after taking him to the er the night before. it looks like all you gals had a fun time! the turner's will be missed!