So, Reilly and Jaina have both been sleeping pretty well. (Well, except for last night, which we're not discussing right now...) And we're tired of sleeping in the basement, and even moreso, of having the basement be our clothes closet. So as we speak Reilly and Jaina are both in Reilly's room, trying to fall asleep. I finally had to go downstairs and turn off the monitor (Jeremy is upstairs playing Wii and listening to them) because I'm just stressing out. They're not crying, but one or both keeps making noise, and I just don't know how this is all going to turn out! I really want this to work, but knowing how they each sleep, I'm not sure how much time it might take, and I hate the short-term messing with their sleep! Sigh, sigh, sigh... Anyone that has done this (put two kids of similar ages - he's almost 2, she's 8.5 months- together) give me advice and/or encouragement!
In other news, we took our first family pictures today at JC Penney's. It was a little crazy, mostly because I was worried about everything and because Reilly was very grumpy, but we got a few cute shots. I'll show you sometime. ;-)
And, oh yeah: my little sister, Emily, is engaged. She's marrying Jason Gardner (from Joseph City) on October 10th, in the Mesa, Arizona temple. Jaina and I will be going; Jeremy's schedule puts him right before finals (and right after a NUCCA conference in San Francisco) and Reilly will be 2, so we'd need 3 tickets, and... so they're staying in Davenport for the weekend. I'm very excited for Emily and Jason, and I hope that all the planning goes well for them!
31 August 2026
2 weeks ago
9 comments:
I feel you Sara. I have so been there. I am still there. I can't even put them in their beds to put them to bed and expecially not at the same time. They fall asleep whatching TV. Its tough I know hang in there. Someday it will get better. I would say if possible put them in seperate rooms.
Congrats for Emily! WIth my kids they are all pretty good sleepers so that probably makes a differnce but they had a hard time in the begining but they get use to eachother. Good Luck! Stick with it and it should work out
Yeah for Emily! We are so excited! Sleep, what is that!? We have both of our kids in the same room and nap time, I put them down and they play for about 30-45 minutes. Then, I go in and take the toys away, threaten Logan and they go down. Night time, Logan goes first because once you put Chloe down if she sees you again she screams for like 30 minutes. Sometimes, they both cry but they do it in unison! Ahh, the joys of parenting. We usually just let them go at it. Logan is a little older and gets that baby might cry and he usually falls asleep. You can try it with Reilly or just rock him until she's out (we do this a lot too when we are feeling generous). GOOD LUCK!
Yeah for Emily! Tell her congrats for me, Sara! =)
I'm sorry the sleep situation is stressing you out. Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you... =) Wish I could help!
Mindy =)
HEY!! It's Jason! That's nuts! I live in Joe City. The town where everyone knows everything about you before even you do, and I didn't know this?! He's engaged?! That's so awesome, and she is a cutie! They look so good together.
How exciting!
If anyone gives any good advice on the whole "sleeping" things, pass it on! I've got one on the way and he'll be sleeping with his "big" sister.
Oh Sara, I must say that my favorite phrase lately is "Let it Go" and "Go with the flow". Every time I begin to stress I realize it's totally not worth it-so I try to chill. Good luck with your munchkins.
Oh, please tell Emily I said congrats. It is so crazy to think about her getting married.
Congrats to your sister.
With Joseph and Emma (18 months apart), they just got used to each other. Same with the twins. And they even shared a crib for 6 months. I would just vacuum! Or go for a walk and let Jeremy stay there. Use earplugs. Also, have you tried lullabies? I have a CD I have made for each of my kids It's of the primary songs put to lullabies. I even use it on Sundays to calm everyone down. LMK if you want a copy. We keep it on repeat all for the twins all night so noises don't wake them up.
My kids are twenty-two months apart (so a slightly bigger difference than yours). At four months, after having our baby sleeping in the living room of our CRAMPED BEYOND BELIEF apartment, we moved him into Maya's (2) room. It took some time for them to get used to it, and we still have some issues every now and then. But for the most part, they have learned to ignore each other and just go to sleep. The baby is especially good at this. And Maya doesn't wake up anymore when Brennan cries at night. So, I hope I can offer you light at the end of the tunnel!
Post a Comment