That's why I haven't updated. Not much has been going on around here. It seems like every 3rd day, one of my girls has been running a fever. I don't know why Jaina did (just for one day/night, but twice in an 8-day period) but I'm pretty sure Katy's are connected to those darn incisors that won't finish coming in. We've been laying pretty low around here the last few weeks...
Some excitement: We finally decided Reilly (at 5 1/2) was tall enough and heavy enough (and responsible enough) to move into a booster seat. He's pretty stoked about it, and loves being big. Jaina is a bit jealous, and all 3 kids insisted on getting their pictures taken in it.
With the girls spending time being sick, Reilly's been trying to entertain himself. Here he is playing the card game "War" with one of the myriads of imaginary friends we have around here, Diego. (yes, from the tv show) Reilly was excited because he was winning. Also, pictures that Reilly took himself of 3 "boats" he built. I promised to show them to his grandmas, so here they are. Sorry, everyone else...
We've spent a lot of time in pajamas. And watching tv. And playing dress up?
But things seem to be looking up. No fever for the last 3 days, and Katy alternates between being fine and being super whiny. Jaina is very much herself, and excited about her upcoming dance recital in March.
![]() |
| I don't know how she sits like that... |

Speaking of Jaina, we're pretty happy that after over a year of being "potty trained," it's finally clicked somewhere that it's worth more to stay dry all day instead of changing her underwear 4-7 times a day. Seriously. But she has only had 2-3 accidents in the last month, and I think I can say we've turned the corner! She is very proud of her accomplishment. :)
I've been trying to do a little more cooking lately, and enjoying trying a few new recipes. Also, I've been trying hard to exercise and eat healthier. NOT a strong point for me, but I'm working hard!
![]() |
| Homemade wheat-crust pizza. It turned out better than I expected after I was done trying to make it be round and unholy... |
![]() |
| The breadsticks didn't fare as well. The less I touch dough with my actual hands, (I use my breadmaker to mix the dough) the better. |
![]() |
| Less-scary homemade bread and yummy carrot chowder |
Today, even though it's Saturday, Jeremy has to work. :( So we've been trying to do some cleaning. I pressed the troops into servitude. Reilly is usually excited about new jobs, but Jaina tends to drag her feet. Sometimes literally. :) Katy sometimes wants to help and sometimes just tries to undo what we're doing...
We are about to get our tax return (an exciting thing when you have 3 kids and only had a job for half the year), everyone is currently well, we just booked our trip to Arizona in March for David's wedding, and things are going well. We're looking forward to what February will bring for us! (Hopefully a temple trip to the D.C. temple - we're looking forward to that!)

















6 comments:
Hopefully we can go with you in February, but we will see. It would be nice to not have to switch off sessions.
That's a pretty entertaining post for crickets chirpping. Ha ha. I hope the fevers stay away for you. :) Carrot chowder sounds fun and interesting. Would you send me the recipe or link? I'm always up for trying new things. I'm so glad that you get to go home in March, and for a wedding, how exciting!
...so I left a comment and apparently it didn't want to stay...Your kiddos are adorable. Can't wait to see you!
Love it! Can't wait to see those kids in like 6 weeks! I sure miss them!!! Love the pictures of the culinary adventures: Your pizza and carrot chowder looked way good! and you were right, those breadsticks were kind of scary...(;
WOw! Your family has grown so much! I'm glad to have visited your blog again. I'm going to try and blog more on mine instead of facebook :-)
I just have to say that it's good to know that eventually, SOME DAY, my son might very well be potty trained too.
Thanks for the fun update!
Post a Comment