Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pontifications

Reilly just looked deep in thought while eating his breakfast, so I asked him, "Reilly, whatcha thinking about?" (He has asked us this some lately) "Um, I thinkin' about it be Jaina's party tomorrow!" He knows Jaina's birthday is next, and this kid is seriously into parties. :) ("tomorrow" is how he describes anything in the future right now) Hopefully he'll enjoy the Thanksgiving "party" later on this week...

4 comments:

Nicole said...

that is so cute! i'm excited to actually have conversations like that with landon. he's gettin' there! :-)

Mele said...

He is so cute :) The concept of time is so different in the eyes of a child!

Reeds said...

Well I am still not sure what pontifications is exactly(but I'll enjoy guessing) :) But it's good food for thought. It's probably a good thing to ask our kids what THEY are thinking about.

Reeds said...

1. speak pompously: to speak about something in a knowing and self-important way, especially when not qualified to do so

2. serve as bishop: to officiate as a bishop, especially in celebrating Mass

very funny-I'll choose number 1
and I imagine most of us speak when not qualified to do so ;-)